You may be creating courses for viewing in Internet Explorer 8.
This is perfectly acceptable, but you may notice that your course appears slightly differently due to the limitations of the browser.
This means there will be a couple of things you notice:
IE8 image resizing
Image sizes that you set using Elucidat image tool do not apply in this particular browser.
Luckily this can be very easily remedied.
Using ‘Image size’ (above) in the ‘Image’ menu will not work if you intend to view in IE8.
Since IE8 won’t allow you to resize an image, we need to ensure the image we are using has the correct size before uploading.
This can be achieved easily by using programmes that you will probably already have on your computer, Paint on Windows and Preview on Mac.
To resize with ‘Paint’
- Right click on the image file in the File Explorer, select Open With, Paint.
- Once in ‘Paint’ select the ‘Image’ button, then Stretch/Skew.
- Change the Horizontal and Vertical percentages to a percentage less than 100.
- Select ‘File’ > ‘Save’ to save the resized image.
To resize with ‘Preview’
- Double click your image file to open it in ‘Preview’.
- Click the ‘Tools’ button.
- Choose the ‘Adjust size’ option.
- Enter the desired image dimensions.
- Press ‘Save’
…now when you upload your images they will display at the size that you have just set in Internet Explorer 8.
Items with opacity will be displayed with 100% opacity in IE8, so if you are designing a course for IE8 we would recommend that you don’t use oppacity.